About Sandvik Group:
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to find the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: think one step further, and then take it!
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, services and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Our application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition. To our Rock Tools division and the Production Unit in Patancheru, we are now looking for a Manager Production Technology to join us.
To Manage overall Production technology function for Rotary Tools production line. Lead all manufacturing engineering activities like New product development, capital investments, and process development projects, providing superior technical knowledge. To Manage, lead, and develop a team of Engineers, and drive continuous improvements through Lean manufacturing techniques.
To be more specific, your main responsibilities to handle in this position are:
- Support and ensure 100% compliance with Sandvik Environment Health & Safety (EHS) standards, procedures, and Sandvik Core Values in day to day activities
- Set department objectives / KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of the team
- Guide and Drive functional excellence of the Engineering team, to achieve organizations KPI, business objectives and Provide technical expertise to the team.
- Design, prove, implement, and maintain robust manufacturing processes to deliver product on time, to quality requirements and to cost
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste, through Lean Manufacturing techniques /Lean six sigma methodology
- Production ramp-up plans, Product transfer projects, Capital budgeting and execution of the projects to meet the timelines.
- Identify and justify capital equipment investment - Budgeting, selection of equipment/machines, procurement, and implementation of Capital equipment.
- New Product Development in Liaison with internal stake holders, R&D and Product line organization
- Design and implementation of Production shop/Plant layout for better flow and to optimize man and material movement
- Data Analysis and Structured problem-solving, Production support
- Preparation and Manufacturing process data and management – controlled thru Team centre / software - Digitalization of Process Drawings, SOPs/SWIs, Engineering Change Management, Specifications, and standards
- Compliance with respect to Management standards ISO 45001, ISO 14001, and ISO 9001
- Initiate and implement Diversity and Inclusion plans as per organizational requirement
- Responsible for team development
Our candidate should have exposure in manufacturing engineering activities with 15 years of relevant experience from an Engineering organization.
A Female Graduate Engineer with Mechanical or production engineering is required. You have previously worked with strong EHS cultured organizations and you understand the importance of a diverse workforce and collaborative settings.
Other required competencies that we find necessary are:
- Familiar with EHS standards and best practices in manufacturing Industry in line with Sandvik way of working
- Familiar with Conventional and non-conventional manufacturing processes and special processes like Heat Treatment, Insert pressing, Welding & Hard facing, Assembly, Painting, and relevant Standards/Specifications
- Expert in design and implementation of Manufacturing processes on Modern machine tools with advanced CNC controls
- Knowledge and familiar with design / selection of SPMs, work holdings / Jigs & Fixtures, metal cutting tools and material handling equipment/tools
- Expert in selection of Machine tools / SPM / Automation cells, Installation & commissioning, and implementation
- Knowledge and familiar with 2D and 3D CAD tools, CAM programming and PLM tools (Preferred AutoCAD, Unigraphics NX, Team centre)
- Up-to-date knowledge on latest technologies and technical know-how in Automation and trends in manufacturing industry.
- Familiar with Digitalization concepts, Industry 4.0
- Should have hands on knowledge in leading continuous improvements through Lean Manufacturing techniques / Six Sigma Methodology.
- Problem solving and project management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team working and leading skills
- Proficiency in MS office tools
- Well conversant with the requirements of Management Systems ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and applicable international standards & codes and Internal Audit Methodology
At Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions, we believe that our diversities form a strong foundation for achieving great results, and we’re equally proud of our manufacturing roots as our future vision to set the industry standard.
Industry: Industrial Equipment / Machinery
Functional Area: Research & Development
Role Category: Engineering & Manufacturing
Role: Design & Development Manager
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent