Job Title: Deputy Manager - Purchase
No. of Vacancies: 1
Job ID: R0031140
Full time /Part Time: Full time
Regular /Temporary: Regular
SANDVIK COROMANT is the worlds leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions and know-how to the metalworking industry. With extensive investments in research and development we create unique innovations and set new productivity standards together with our customers. These include the world's major automotive, aerospace and energy industries. Sandvik Coromant has 8,000 employees and is represented in 130 countries. We are part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the global industrial group Sandvik.
At Sandvik Coromant, we are driven by a passion for excellence in everything we do. Our belief is that sustainable success is a team effort and with our profound knowledge of metal cutting and insight into the varying challenges of different industries, we strive to develop innovative solutions in collaboration with our customers, to meet both current and future demands.
We are seeking for people who are passionate in their work and possess the drive to excel to join us.
The Procurement Buyer is responsible for collaborating with internal clients and external suppliers to develop, source, value analyze, implement and continuously improve indirect purchase portfolio for Coromant India. Much of this work will be cross functional team driven across multiple business functions. The key objective of this position is to support mainly Utility, Maintenance & Production department requirements.
Key Performance areas:
- Responsible for supply of goods & services in terms of Cost, time, quality, quantity & compliance etc key parameters strictly adhering to Sandvik global purchase policy
- Proficient at developing vendor base along with third party purchase for obtaining timely procurement of materials at favourable commercia terms.
- Responsible for P2P process for cost-effective procurement of allocated categories by RFQ, Price comparatives, PO release, approvals as per authority matrix, quality & timely delivery, & payment to suppliers.
- To ensure, continuous production activities by uninterrupted supply of material & services.
- Excellent Knowledge of RFX process for procurement of Consumables, Packing Material, Engineering item like Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Items
- Understanding of import shipment procedures. Coordinating with freight forwarding agencies for cost, delivery, documentation as per Indian customs guidelines
- Have knowledge about finalization of Annual Maintenance agreements.
- Procurement of Engineering Items CAPEX & OPEX.
- Cost Reductions and Rationalization for spares & consumables.
Bachelors in Engineering (BE preferably in Electrical/Mechanical)
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and ability to effectively represent the Procurement function internally and externally.
- Good at stake holder management with ability to communicate at all working spectrum level
- Good negotiating skills & fair knowledge of contract management.
- Fluency in MS Excel, Word mandatory; Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, major plus.
- Superior written and oral communications skills, including ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Total 7 -10 Years of experience.
- Ideally resource should have fair procurement experience and very good working experience as Utility/ Maintenance of project Engineers for a reputed manufacturing company
- Well versed with Advance knowledge of MS office
- Preferred exposure to SAP/ Oracle or equivalent PM related ERP.
- Preferred Knowledge of Lean management /Six sigma
Desired Candidate Profile : Must have experience in Production, Operations and Maintenance (more than 2 years)
Industry: Industrial Equipment / Machinery
Functional Area: Procurement & Supply Chain
Role Category: Procurement & Purchase
Role: Purchase Executive / Officer
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent